I have previously blogged about twitter, rss feeds and current awareness for the cam 23 things program, but pushnote is new to me, so I have signed up, rated Annie's instruction page and await developments with interest.
Staying in touch or information overload. It is all to easy to be staring at a screen for hours following up interesting gobbets of news, links and so on. Tweetdeck columns (if you can load the application on your desktop) facilitate following specific hashtags or people but google reader is best limited to the beginning and end of the day else it takes over from real life.
I have enforced breaks from internet noise when sailing, with the only information coming from a vhf radio. I have the RYA licence and monitor channel 16 (coastguard) and 68 (weather) a constant feed from the Italian meteomar service (think British shipping forecast with designer shades). After reassurance that nothing nasty is forecast, it is a relief to mute the radio and enjoy the silence.
Calon Lan standing by. (Over and out is WRONG)
Monday, 4 July 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I absolutely agree with your thoughts about 'internet noise' fatigue. Now I just need to find a diversion/refuge from it as you have.
ReplyDeleteI NEVER knew that "over and out" is wrong. Thanks for that!
ReplyDelete