Sunday, 26 June 2011

Never too late to learn

I started blogging with the Cam 23 things programme in 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed being part of a community of friends and librarians. I was glad to read that "23 Things for Professional Development is for anyone who thinks they might benefit from it", I have had a very enjoyable career mainly in academic libraries and now volunteer via the County Doorstep delivery service and do some supply cover via the TES when not at sea.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzan, great to find a fellow Somervillian amongst the 'cpd23-ers'! Despite Pauline Adams' inspirational presence in the college library, I chose to go down an entirely different career route for the first 20 years of my post-uni life...Only now am I attempting to make my way in the world of librarianship. Hopefully, Somervillian determination will get me there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah! I had to comment as I'm a Somervillian too. I'm not technically doing cpd23 this year but am following (a bit more closely than I intended) - I really loved cam23 last year and got so much out of it but have a 4 week old baby and am on maternity leave so thought I shouldn't attempt cpd23 this year. Am reading lots of blogs and will probably end up joining in though...

    Nice to see other Somervillian librarian web 2.0 types :)

    Celine

    ReplyDelete