Monday, 14 June 2010

Twittering away


Did wonder about setting up a Twitter account for the library some time back but doubted that people would want to connect to it and chose to set up a personal account. Made about 8 tweets in the same number of months then got distracted by the # and started to follow #drwho #archers.
Followed BBC news then realised it was a lot easier setting up a RSS feed to igoogle. Was not able to attend the libraries@cambridge conference this year but did follow the tweets, although I am not so sure I like the idea of people commenting on speakers during a session. Feel that I may be a lurker rather than an active contributer

2 comments:

  1. The idea of people twittering during meetings and suchlike is one of the reasons I'm not too enthused by the prospect of Twitter. The question is, how to use it in a professional capacity rather than as a bit of nonsense 'I'm having my dinner' oversharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a lurker on Twitter, having made no Tweets to date and having accumulated 20 followers!

    I blogged about the idea of people using Twitter at conferences, etc, and I wondered how I would feel if students started doing this during library inductions!

    ReplyDelete